Thursday, June 19, 2014

Make Every Minute Artful with Veronica Johnson



Hello, Veronica here to share with you a "timeless" artful tag.

I love the detail on these chipboard pieces and had to use them on my tag.  Tags are such fun to create; they are like little pieces of art.  I like to collect tags and have a wall in my scrap room to display my little treasures.  They are also great to give away as gifts with a gift card.

Today I am sharing my "time" themed tag - I haven't used orange for a while and it is one of my fav colors.



 
 
 
 


I used the above chipboard and added some metal time pieces.  I also added some hand cut Leaves/Feathers to bring the whole piece together.


I adhered the clock to the upper right. In order to balance the piece I laid the big flower and Leaves/Feather on the lower left.

I then added "filler" with the watch parts and smaller flowers.



My tip and techniques for this piece are:

1.  Coat your chipboard piece with either gesso (in my example) or paint.  It will add tooth to the chipboard and leave a base to hold color.

 
 
2.  Add balance to your pieces by creating "weight" to one side or the other.  In this example I loaded the top right and then balanced it with heavy bottom left embellishments.
 
 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope to have inspired you to add some Leaky Shed Studio chippies to your stash.
 
Happy Scrapping, Veronica (Kitsnbitscraps)


 
 
Leaky Shed Products Used:

6 comments:

  1. Wow Veronica, This is a gorgeous tag!! Thanks for sharing your techniques!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is gorgeous!!! I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Tracey and Barbara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Great tag, love all the details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is fabulous! Love those clock faces and gears. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete