Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Shopping with Leaky Shed Flourish and Veronica




Hi Veronica here to share a layout of my daughter Vanessa shopping at the market place. I started off with these 3 Leaky Shed Studio chippies below.

I first thing I did was add gesso to all three.  I like putting down gesso as my base because then my color will not get absorbed by the chipboard and also the gesso with give my color some tooth to hold on to.


Flourish #2 (6080)
 
 
 
 
 
Spring Dragonfly (6081)
 
 
 
Damask
 
 
So first I want to show you the process of preparing my chipboards for my layout.
 
FLOURISH #2
 
After adding the gesso, I added some vegas gold sorbet from Art Anthology.  Then I added crackle paint from Ranger.  After it was crackled and dry I added touches of tigers eye sorbet on top.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
SPRING DRAGONFLY
 
On the dragonflies I first sprayed blue colorations on to the wings.  Then I added green sorbets to the tips of the wings and to the body.  After drying, I added a touch of tigers eye sorbet paint to upper body.
 
 
 
 
When I got the colors I wanted I dipped the dragonflies in clear embossing powder.  Then I put jewels on the body as my finishing touch.
 
 
 
DAMASK
 
My first process after the gesso was to add vegas gold to the entire damask.  Then I added touches of tuxedo sorbet to the chipboard.
 
 
 
 

Then I embossed the chippie ...
 

Last I added gold glitter ...


 I always pick out my chippies first.  That starts me thinking about what kind of layout I want.  Then I pick the colors.

I did lots of distressing and layering on this layout.  My daughter Vanessa had gone to Paris and she was shopping at the market place. 


 
I hope I have inspired you to try out some Leaky Shed Studio chipboard.  
 
Happy Scrapping, Veronica (Kitsnbitscraps)


 
 
Leaky Shed Products Used:
Damask (new item)
Flourish #2 (6080)
Spring Dragonfly (6081)
 

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous layout, Veronica!! Thanks for sharing your techniques!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete