Tuesday, February 10, 2015

palette paper Valentines--trisha too



So in my last post, I was experimenting with using some Leaky Shed Studio chipboard as masks in monoprints, using my Gelli Plate and acrylic paints.  When I print, I generally just use a sheet of paper for my palette--it's some random paper picked up somewhere over the years, and it has a coating on it, so it doesn't readily absorb paints or inks.  Since it's almost Valentine's Day, I used the leftover "palette paper" as patterned paper, and the already painty Leaky Shed Studio chipboard pieces as embellishments, to create some Valentines:
Swirl Vine, strategically trimmed
The chipboard matched the paper, of course, since it had been used in the same paints.  
Swirl Vine Corner, with added bling
The palette paper is adhered to some heavy cardstock, cut to fit inside a business sized envelope.
the rest of that Swirl Vine Corner!
Don't be afraid to paint your Leaky Shed chips--they're incredibly sturdy.  And, like I did here, consider cutting the chips to fit where you want them--there are some very versatile Swirls and Flourishes.

Have a wonderful week, everyone!
:)trisha

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous grungy valentines - love how you are using the Gelli plate with the chippies!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete