Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Floral Birthday Card by Tracey S.

Hi everyone, it's Tracey S. back to share a floral birthday card featuring two classic Leaky Shed Studio chipboard pieces. There are some shapes that never go out of style and two of my favorites are the gorgeous Spring Butterfly and Small Ring Frame.


Tips and Techniques
I heat embossed the butterfly with Fran-tage Aged Ivory Embossing enamel, the heated small sections at a time and sprinkled lightly with amethyst Iced Enamels Relique Powder, continuing to heat until melted. I repeated this until the entire image had sprinkles of purple. I centered three iridescent gems down the center to create a head and body. 

I've used the same technique to color and texturize this Ring Frame chippie. Along the bottom inside of the ring, I've adhered some lovely Prima lace that I colored with Color Bloom spray and layered mica chips. The top is filled in with microbeads, chunky glass glitter, and Shaved Ice fragments.

I've embellished with lots of flowers, buttons, pearls, and die cuts along with pearl beads and berry stems. The background is stenciled with molding paste, misted to color, and splattered with white ink.

One final side view.

Leaky Shed Studio Products


For a complete product list, please stop by my blog, Garden of Grace.

So glad you stopped by today!

~ Blessing ~

9 comments: