Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fun Ferris Wheel by Tracey Sabella

Hi everyone, it's Tracey back with a fun and funky layout featuring the Leaky Shed Studio Ferris Wheel.

My sister, Terry, and I enjoy going to Knoebels Amusement Park. We travel with friends, Kelly and John. He is a camera enthusiast and captured this fabulous Ferris wheel shot. When I saw this Leaky Shed Studio piece, I knew it would be the perfect photo to pair with it.

"Experience Fun"

Tips and Techniques
I heat embossed the Ferris wheel and towers with silver embossing powder. The fabulous engraved design in the center stayed in tact through this process. Each of the cars is embossed with a different color of Fran-tage embossing enamel. I added pieces of chain to the spokes for added texture and gears to the center.

In places across the page, I've spread transparent Viva Crackle Paint, then spritzed with mist to highlight the cracks. 

Yes, you know how I adore changing things up in non-traditional ways. Rather than placing all the cars around the wheel, I've extended three of them from my photo "attaching" them with lengths of chain. 

I layered strips of sheetrock tape under the photo, then stenciled with Viva Special Effects Paste in Amber Gold around the photo.

I transformed these dated metal word pieces by brushing them with a couple colors of metallic paint, then sanding the raised portions to highlight the words. The copper gears were grunged by dabbing on the same metallic paint for a patina effect. 

More gears and another view of the grungy background.

I've also created this page as inspiration for the September Once Upon A...Sketch Challenge by flipping Nadia's gorgeous sketch and journaling across the bottom of the page.

I hope you've been inspired to explore your fun side using
Leaky Shed Studio Chipboard!


Leaky Shed Studio Product

For a full list of products used, please stop by
my blog, Garden of Grace.

**Photo credits ~ John Petrachkoff

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how you extended the Ferris wheel down onto the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey absolutely LOVE the Ferris Wheel and the way the seat come off the photo. Genius

    ReplyDelete