Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Steampunk Box with Tracey G.

Today I have quite a bit to share!
Using an unpainted wood photo cube,
I went with a "Wicked" meets "Dr Who" steampunk theme.


First I painted the entire cube with Copper acrylic paint. I pulled out the inside glass,covered the sides with the kit's Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope papers then backed the glass with the paper and set it back in.


I topped the Tim Holtz light bulbs with a Holtz knob from my stash, altered a LSS watchpart chippie and topped it with a gem.


I am having fun with microbeads at the moment and added them all over using gloss accents.


The LSS watch parts chippies were embossed in copper and the smaller one embossed with Stampendous aged black enamel.


This is one of my favorite embossing powders because of the combination of colors.


The large LSS gears were embossed with Stampin' Up powder in Vintage Verdigris then distressed with copper ink.


I was inspired by Tracey Sabella's tutorial here and created a cracked glass effect using the plastic from the package, Ranger Crackle Accents and gold microbeads.


The larger LSS watchpart was embossed lightly to give it a hammered look.


For the top, I used the gorgeous LLS clock and painted it with Copper Rub n' Buff. 


I popped out the inner circle and after inking it with Patina Rub n' Buff,covered it with Crackle Accents. The knob was altered with Gold Rub n' Buff.

I hope this inspired you to go "Off the page" and create something of your own!

Stop by the Leaky Shed Studio Shop to pick up the goodies I used here:

All papers and embellies except for the Holtz knobs are from the Swirlydoos May kit.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tracey, This is steampunk awesome!! Love how you showed all of your amazing details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete