Thursday, November 7, 2013

Leaky Shed Studio Nutting Dolls Day 4

Happy Thursday Friends! It's Kris today with another post on these adorable Julie Nutting Dolls.  Have you been to the site to see them all?  Here's a link.  They are adorable.  They have little parts you can play with like bandanas, belts, hats, crowns and even masks!  So. Much. Fun.

If you've been following along all week, you're sure to have a ton of ideas & techniques to use when creating your own.  As I was playing with my dolls, they started blending into my tags and I really wanted them to stand out.

So, I was pondering what I could do, Good 'ol Ursula's voice popped into my head and said, "Never underestimate the power of bod-y lang-uage!" And the idea of silhouetting them was born.


These dolls have such darling figures & amazing detail in them that I decided to stain them black so they would pop of my tags.  I used black ink, for the simple reason that I didn't want the paint to fill in their embossed lines. 


I used stickles to paint the Princess doll's crown and then placed it above the D on my dream tag.  I couldn't bare leaving it off my tag and it was a bit much on her head.


After playing with the Princess doll and a shabby look, I really wanted to see if the same technique would work with a clean look, so I played around a bit and guess what? It works.  I love this Sassy Doll!  She is exactly that, Sassy!!!

(I don't know about you... but I can't stop singing poor unfortunate souls now)

Stay tuned over the next few days for more fun ideas to use on your very own Nutting Dolls and if you haven't had a chance to pick some up yet... what are you waiting for?  You will love every minute playing with them!!!


13 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh these are gorgeous Kris!!! LOVING the colors and the layers you added to these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris this is such a creative idea! I'm in love with them! They are sassy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great look, love the silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea!! I love the silhouettes!! Your projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these tags, great idea for the silhouette, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea and love this look, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you tags, I all so like the silhouettesl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute, cute tags and such.....love the look!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous!! Love the way you created silhouettes with the girls!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea you had!!! they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea of using a silhouette of the doll. I have been doing JN dolls for a short time, but like you, I feel that sometimes they blend in with the tag, unless you really work on the clothing. I love how the details pop out and the doll is there just looking great!!! Thank you for this idea, I will be using it this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete