Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stampede Border with Embossed Stars

Howdy Leaky Shed Studio Fans! Juliana here with a simple, yet fun, chipboard technique to share with you. While horsing around with my Leaky Shed Studio chipboard, I came up with an idea for embellishing it with stamps.

Remember Capture The Moment Scrapbook Layout using Stampede Border and Corners for Leaky Shed Studio by Juliana Michaels

Plain stamping wasn't enough though. I repeatedly stamped the same image (a small star) across the Stampede Border using Versamark Watermark Ink. While the ink was still wet, I sprinkled the images with white embossing powder and then heat set it using a heat gun. I only stamped one or two stars at a time before heat setting the embossing powder. Once I had finished stamping and embossing, I colored the chipboard with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain using a foam applicator. 

Remember Capture The Moment Scrapbook Layout using Stampede Border and Corners for Leaky Shed Studio by Juliana Michaels

I colored two chipboard corners with the Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to coordinate with the border and placed one on each of the top outer corners of my two photos. The placement of the border and coordinating corners helps frame the photos and draw your attention to them.

Remember Capture The Moment Scrapbook Layout using Stampede Border and Corners for Leaky Shed Studio by Juliana Michaels

For a complete list of other supplies used on this layout, please visit my blog - 17turtles.

Leaky Shed Studio Chipboard:
Corners

2 comments: